Tuesday 18 June 2013

WOYWW #211 - sock with rib this time

Hi. Wednesday again and note I haven't posted anything since last Wednesday. Tut tut. I am joining in with What's on your Workdesk Wednesday in order to show you my desk.

Not a lot has been going on, in fact I don't think I have even been up to my desk since last Wednesday. I did go to my knitting group and I did undo the sock I was making and I did start again. I realised before that I hadn't started with a rib so this time I did and it feels and looks a lot better. I am making a work sock. Cream with a couple of red stripes and a red heel and toe and the rest a grey marl or merle as it is called here.

Nothing else to report except I am having fun with my Mum here so may not have time to visit much.

 

 

9 comments:

Annie said...

Having fun with Mum is a pretty good excuse for no crafting.....enjoy.
Hugs,
A x #62

Anonymous said...

I like knitting as a craft because you can take it anywhere with you, you don't have to have a set time. Glad you figured out the problem with the sock in the end! When I bought my Knitpicks circulars the other week, the other brand I'd heard really good things about were Knitter's Pride Dreamz, they look like great needles.

Hugs
Brenda 112 (you're 113)

Maisie Moonshine said...

I'm going to be having fun with my Mum tomorrow, hope you enjoy yourselves today. MMx #70

Jackie said...

Hope you have a good time with your mum
Jackie 30

Winnie said...

Wish I knew how to knit. I just love handmade things. Hope you share how they turn out. Enjoy your visit with your mom! Winnie#93

Monique said...

Lovely colors on your desk =).
My grandmother tought me how to knit socks...but I think I haven't knitted anything after my 20th birthday, but I did realy enjoy it...

Have wonderful week, Happy WOYWW. xx

ria gall said...

I am loving your colour combo for the socks and look forward to seeing them finished
have a great WOYWW and enjoy the rest of your week
Ria #47

Julia Dunnit said...

And that's why you haven't been up to your desk..having fun with your Mum..am very happy to read that!

Annaboo's House said...

Have a wonderful time with your mum!
Enjoy your weekend
Sarah xx