Tuesday 8 July 2014

Lemon Blueberry Loaf

Yesterday I made a Lemon Blueberry Loaf. I found the recipe on Facebook but I am not sure who to credit as I can't find it now. I wrote it down and used it another day. It is delicious.

1/3 cup melted butter

1 cup sugar

3 tablespoons lemon juice (this was about one lemon squeezed)

2 eggs

1 1/2 cups flour (it should be all-purpose flour but I used Wholewheat by mistake, normally this would be to heavy but it was perfect).

1 teaspoon baking powder

1 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup milk

2 tablespoons grated lemon zest (about one lemon)

1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (apparently the blueberries don't burst as much if they are frozen, I used both).

GLAZE

2 tablespoons lemon juice

1 tablespoon melted butter

1 cup icing sugar

Mix the butter, sugar, juice and eggs together. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and mix into the egg mix with the milk.

Fold in zest and blueberries.

Put mixture into a lined loaf tin and bake for 350* for about 50-60 minutes.

To make the glaze I added the juice and butter to the icing sugar a bit at a time until it was all combined and poured it over the loaf. I did it while it was still hot because I wanted to eat it and I don't have patience. We ate the loaf still warm and it was wonderful. The glaze is very very lemony.

Enjoy and let me know if you make it.

 

No comments: