Tuesday 22 January 2013

WOYWW #190 - two slippers, half a sock and a wrist warmer

Wednesday. Yes I did get a small reminder from Brenda (thank you) and here I am, showing you my desk as per the What's on your Workdesk Wednesday gang.

My desk.......

Oh look, the Chocolate is still there. My sock (still in exactly the same state as last week, whoops). A new wrist warmer for the other hand (the instructions, which were supposed to be for a beginner wanting a challenge, are difficult. For the other hand it says, reverse the instructions - easier said than done). Tape measure. Nanny Slippers - awaiting a Pom Pom.

There is a borrowed pattern for some more wrist warmers, my mints, a mug full of needles, crotchet hooks and scissors. Sewing box with my boys' Cubs/Beavers uniforms and badges waiting to be sewn on. New wool and a gorgeous case full of shiny new crochet hooks. (Christmas Present from Huffle).

Ooooh I like shiny things.

I will hopefully be desk-hopping tomorrow but as usual I have an excuse (visitor from London, England). Actually she has asked me to teach her to crochet so maybe she will be on my table next week ha ha ha.

 

12 comments:

Lynn Holland said...

Beat this a tin of polish and a duster in the same place for over 2 weeks. A Hoover in the same spot for 3 weeks. Ironing in a pile for a century. I need a cleaner or stop crafting
Lynn -32

Annie said...

Love that new set of crochet hooks...all colourful and shiney :-)
Hugs,
A x #47

Anonymous said...

Loads on the go! I started a new pair of socks, finished the rib and then thought, I could do wristwarmers or fingerless gloves instead but thought better of it when I read about them! Not ready for that yet. Love the colour of the slippers and those lovely hooks, some of my dpns are similar colours. Thanks again for the vote!

Hugs
Brenda 105, think you're 106

shazsilverwolf said...

Love the Nanny slippers, so warm looking. Those crochet hooks- I'd just want to sit & look at the colours, lol.Have a great week, Hugs Shaz xx #73

ria gall said...

You have a few lovely projects on the go knitting isn't my things as I struggle with reading the patterns
Ria #92

505whimsygirl said...

Love the knitting. Oh, and those patterns that say they are for beginners but are more difficult. The slippers look great.

Those crochet hooks look nice and shiny indeed. Love the case.

Happy WOYWW
Hugs,
Kay #126

JoZart Designs said...

Now with all those shiny coloured hooks you've got to get cracking. Those socks and wrist warmers will get finished ... you need them in this cold!
Lv Jo x

Jackie said...

Lots on the go on your desk
Nice set of. Crochet hooks
Jackie16

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow! You have been busy! Love the slippers and hope you get to finish your wrist warmers soon! Chrisx

trisha too said...

Wrist warmers--I like that!!

And those crochet hooks, what a beautiful set . . . quite distracting with their shiny colors!

Happy WOYWW!
:)trisha #164 this week
and a little late!

Julia Dunnit said...

Do you know I'm starting to get a need to crochet again...and it will have to be on a fat hook because I like a fast result...will probably end up browsing interest for an idea and distract myself even more! Yo've got loads on the go - how do you decide which set of needles or hooks to pick up?!

April said...

I like your blue slippers - they look very cozy warm. :-) April #110