Monday 13 May 2013

A Mother's Treat

As it was Mothers Day here yesterday, I was given a whole morning to craft. I have a new friend who is having a baby and I wanted to make the baby something nice to cuddle.

There are many many patterns on pintrest but one in particular caught my eye. It was a Bunny Blanket Comforter. Now my 'Smallest' had one of these (not handmade) and he loved it. He also still loves his 'Smelly' which is a tired stinky old elephant. He still rubs it in his face and smells it when he is tired.

Anyhow, this is what I made......

 

I think his head is too big but it is very soft and cuddly. Smallest tried it out and said "it smells good". Now I know what I am doing, I will have another go but use smaller needles and amend the pattern. To be honest, I couldn't follow the pattern completely anyway, so I have already adapted it.

 

No comments: