Tuesday 21 May 2013

WOYWW #207 - stormy table

Hello woyww'ers. Are you here to see my desk this week? Sorry to disappoint but it is so stormy here I am too scared to sit in the loft by myself and have brought my stuff to the kitchen table. Actually I am also poorly with Strep throat (that's three out of four of us that has it now!).

I took my crocheting with me to the doctors because I had no idea how long I would be there and I managed to finish my Sleepy Sheeps body, I finished his head last night. This is for the baby due in ten weeks, the wool is so soft. I am using a pattern found here.

Also on the table is my knitting bag with my cardigan in. Now I nearly finished this but I have undone the sleeve once and knitted it again but it just keeps being too long. I have no idea what I am doing wrong. Will have to go back to the knitting group and ask El. The IPad has the pattern on there. The tin is full of bits and bobs like tape measure, sewing needles, buttons, scissors, crochet counters, unpicker, pencil etc.

Well that's me done. I have to take my antibiotics and glug some water and hope the storm is not too bad tonight (I have already mopped up the water from the basement). My thoughts go out to Oklahoma, what a terrible thing to have happened.

 

16 comments:

Annie said...

I'm doing a quick blog dash before I get started this morning cos we have another estate agent coming today to take pics of our house so it needs a final hoover and tidy through :-)
Hope the storm soon blows over for you and your throat soon feels better.
Hugs,
A x #52

Anonymous said...

What is it with your family and strep?? Sounds like your nemesis, hope you get rid of it soon. We had a small storm last night as we were getting to bed, nothing much but it brought some much needed rain though. I often wonder why people would chose to live in Oklahoma! That's the third time in recent memory that that town of Moore has been hit hard. It's so terrible, and the thing about it is that you're completely helpless to do anything about it.

Hugs
Brenda

Anonymous said...

Forgot to say you're no 101.

Bx

Helen said...

Hope you survived the storm and get rid of the strep throat (all of you!) soon... love the temporary desk, sounds a sensible solution to me. Helen, 5

Twiglet said...

Hope your throat soon feels better. The knitting look likes fun. x Jo

BJ said...

Good for you understanding the crochet pattern, I certainly didn't and I am supposed to be giving a crochet lesson at my next craft club! Oops! Thanks for visiting me today and entering the spoon draw BJ#51

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Blimey, the storm must be bad if you're staying out of the loft.....we've seen TV footage of the tornado....goodness, it must have been beyond scary.
I love the finished ladybirds btw, they are really sweet. Hope the birthday girl liked them :-)
Hugs, LLJ 40 xx

Lisa-Jane said...

Your lady birds are so cute! I can see this sheep is going to be a cutie too. Hope you all feel better soon x

ria gall said...

Hi Famfa
so sorry to hear you have all been unwell it is much the same for us here, so much going around.
Glad to hear you have moved to the safety of the kitchen
Sending hugs and hoping you have a great day
Ria #74

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

Thank you for your visit this week, and I hope you soon get over your bad throat and the storm goes away. I am just sitting and recovering from shampooing the dining room carpet, while my daughter and her husband moved our very heavy dining table around to give me the chance to get to every bit. Hope you soon feel better. xx Maggie #41

Bridget Larsen said...

Sorry you are poorly in healthy, hope you get better soon, I took often take craft stuff to do at the Drs, sometimes they just take so long to see to you even though you have an appointment
Bridget #11

Marit said...

I hope you are feeling better and the storm was not as bad tonight... take care! Happy, belated, woyww and a hug from Holland, Marit #109

sandra de said...

Wishing you a speedy recovery. Not nice for everyone to be sick. Well done with the crochet and good idea to take it with you while waiting for the dr.
Sandra @21

Debbie said...

Hope you feel better soon and that the storms have died down so that you can return to your crafty loft!

Debbie x

Claire said...

hope you all kept safe, and I hope your throat heals quickly!
sorry it's taken so long to reply - the days have just evaporated!
happy belated WOYWW x

SandeeNC said...

I hope you are feeling better by now, and I agree some storms can be quite scary! OK, I am asking my WOYWW folks to rally behind me and I truly need your support. I am in a contest and the voting ends today so it's now or never. PLEASE go vote for me ( the camera )....yes, I am begging, lol http://www.genuinelyjanestudios.com/genuinelyblog/gjs-design-a-book-contest-top-three-finalists-announced/
waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥ ( #19 )