Thursday 2 April 2015

Twisting

Yesterday I went to my quilting class and cut some smaller twisters, sewed them together and had part of a border. I was asked how this worked so I have tried to show it below (plus this will greatly help me remember should I have to do this ever again by myself).

Using my 4.5" squares sewn together with a 3" border.....

I then used my twister template, drew around it using my 'friction' pen (which, by the way, really does work as I used the template upside down which really buggers up the pattern, and a quick iron and the pen marks were gone).

I then cut out the squares.....

Took away the bits I don't need (hence a huge bag of scraps, but that's for another day).

Twisted them and made a beautiful twister pattern

More cutting, more twisting, lots of sewing

And I ended up with a corner border.

Now I just have to decide what to put as a corner stone, fill in the bits with more border - but this is all I can do for today so the rest will have to wait. Hope this helps. Please do not hesitate to ask any questions, if I can help, I will. If I can't help, I will ask someone who can.

 

 

 

1 comment:

pearshapedcrafting said...

Sitting here open mouthed! You are so talented (and patient!) Looking fabulous so far!! Chrisx