Today I finished off my Pouffe cover. I love it, it turned out just how I wanted which is amazing seeing as I didn't use a pattern.
It is crocheted and I started using a a single stitch (I get a bit confused with crochet terms here as US and UK terms are different) or what I call a single stitch and then carried on working in a spiral, moving to a double crochet and then a seam on the top edge using a slip stitch. I think it works well. I made another seam underneath to hold it on.
I'm hoping my Grandma (Gram) would have been pleased with what I have done to her old Pouffe. It feels cosy now when you put your feet on it.