Tuesday, 8 April 2014

Woyww#253 - pins and needles

Hi, sorry been away again. I had to hibernate as I was finding this endless snow just too much. However, today the sunshine has brought me out, so I thought I would join in with What's on your Workdesk Wednesday, and show you my desk, which this week is a bit different.

I have got the quilting bug. I bought myself a starter kit with a mat, a cutter, pins etc and a roll of different fabrics and I had a quick lesson from my friend and away I went. I love it. I find the cutting out, the ironing of seams, the small bits of stitching together, more ironing, pinning, unpinning soooooo therapeutic. I have managed to sew together blocks of 16 x 2.5" squares and so far (in less than a week) made 8 blocks. I am just going to keep going until I think it is big enough and then I need my next lesson.

I have to say I am quite pleased with myself. I am still crocheting the monkey and am still knitting my socks and making my pig hat in the evenings but when I can, in the day, I am busily sewing and cutting and pinning. I need a bigger table!!!

I hope to pop round to everyone else's desk after I have done my aerobics and am sitting recuperating with my cup of tea.

 

12 comments:

Annie said...

Your patchwork looks gorgeous.....keep up the good work.
Hugs,
Annie x # 51

butlersabroad said...

I love it when we find a new hobby that just fascinates us so much! Opens up a whole world of possibilities. Love your squares so far, looks like it might be addicting!

Hugs
Brenda 75 (I think you're 76)

S said...

How lovely, that rich pink is fab!

sandysewin said...

Good for you for jumping into quilting! Love the colors you chose for your first quilt.

Happy Woyww,

Sandy #16

Lunch Lady Jan said...

What lovely bright fabrics you're using! I have definitely fallen in love with quilting - using up all my scraps is a satisfying thing to do!
Hugs, LLJ 45 xx

Cathy L. Calamas said...

Love the colors in your fabric. I always love seeing a sewing machine on the desk!
Here from WOYWW, Happy Wednesday!
Cathy #80

Elizabeth said...

Love your patchwork, the fabrics are super - the colours are so vibrant. Look forward to seeing the next step, after you've had the lesson of course :) Elizabeth x #77

ANNETTE HUSBAND said...

G'day Famfa
I haven't participated in WOYWW for maybe 9 months and I am trying to get to as many as I can this week..yeh and good for you for trying and doing so well with quilt making. I'm learning to paint and I am loving it too.
hugs
Annette In Oz #23

Sharon Madson said...

Your quilt is progressing. Sounds like everything is going well. Hope aerobics go well and that you enjoy your tea! :) I am having a cup right now. Happy WOYWW! #91

Chrysalis said...

Another crafter who loves to potter between skills! I love the quilt and look forward to seeing the finished monkey. Have a fab week, Chris # 35

Darnell J Knauss said...

Well done, Famfa! I love those pretty and bright fabrics you are using!! Have a great week! Hugs, Darnell #26

Annaboo said...

Oh my goodness, you're learning to quilt now?!! Is there no end to your cleverness.
It looks beautiful so far..love your colours and fabrics.
Enjoy making and have a great week,
Sarah xx