Today I went to my quilting class and finished my border. Once again, the placing of pieces took longer time than the actual sewing. MrsSew helped us to decide what looked best and then we got on with the sewing part.
The smaller twisters I created last week were sewn onto lengths of 6.5" wide border fabric and then sewn onto the edge of the main quilt. I decided on the gold cornerstones so these had to be sewn on. This was quite technical for me as we had to sew part way down the length, then check how long the fabric needed to be, cut it off with a quarter seam allowance and then sew on plus the cornerstone. I'm sure there is a better way of explaining but it worked beautifully anyway. The small lengths were sewn on first and the longer ones last.
I have now chosen the edging (well actually MrsSew did as she has far more experience and colour knowledge than me) and then I chose the backing material (which I found last week). MrsSew didn't give me any homework as we have visitors from England arriving today. Next week we will be sandwiching the front back and wadding.