Sunday 2 October 2011

Birthday Cake and a Bobble Hat

Saturday was Small's 8th Birthday so I needed to make a small cake for him - we spent the weekend at the seaside but that's another story.  His main cake will be on Tuesday when he has his party.

Make two chocolate sponges, add lots of chocolate buttercream

 and top with chocolate sweets and a candle

Ta - dah


Bobble Hat


My bobble hat is finished (apart from the sewing up) and as we do not know whether LizzieDotDot is having a boy or girl I thought I would make two pom-poms, one blue and one pink - how traditional!

The hat ready to sew
The blue pom-pom
It has been a while since I made a pom-pom and couldn't remember the size and scale of them....................................................

Something tells me that the pom-pom is a little oversized for the smallness of the hat.
What do you think?  Do you think I need to make the pink one a little smaller?  Do you think the blue one might just weigh the poor baby down too much - bless, they can't hold their heads up anyway and this one won't have a chance while its wearing this one!!



There is a giveaway on http://stamprr.blogspot.com/ so pop along and have a look.







3 comments:

CottonSocks said...

I love the chocolate cake, hope small enjoyed it. Hope you had a lovely time by the seaside and yes, think the bobble is too big. The baby won't be able to walk until its 3! x

Unknown said...

That chocolate cake looks delicious! And the bobble hat is lovely!

karen said...

Awww, what a cute little hat! And great idea to have a choice of pompoms so you can choose the appropriate one when the time comes!
Thanks so much for entering my giveaway and posting it here on your site! And a huge thank you for joining my blog! You are enterd 3 times! Good luck!!!
xoxo Karen
ps I have joined your blog too so I can see more of the lovely projects you make!