Monday 30 March 2015

Minions Cake

Today I had strict instructions to make a Minion Cake for my Smallest. Today he is eight and he designed th cake himself, down to the maltesers around the edge.

It is just a vanilla sponge with vanilla buttercream with white chocolate chips in and covered with fondant icing. The tiny minions wer difficult and fiddle because the black icing I was using wasn't setting so it dribbled a little but if you don't look too closely, it does a job.

Smallest didn't notice it at first and then loved it. It wasn't just what he wanted he said, it was much better. Praise indeed.

I made lots of little cup cakes, at the time I didn't know why but as I was putting the cake together it came to me. More minions, looking up at us.

HAPPY 8TH BIRTHDAY SMALLEST

 

7 comments:

JoZart Designs said...

Happy Birthday to Smallest 8 year old birthday boy and what a fabulous cake his Mom made for him! Fantastic! I wish my youngest was only 8.... instead of 41! however, my smallest grandee will soon be 8.
Jo x

Neet said...

Fabulous! Happy Birthday young man - cannot fail to be a good one with a cake like that to help celebrate. Congratulations mum.
N x

Annie said...

Happy birthday yound man....what a clever mummy you've got :-) Love it.
Hugs,
Annie x

famfa said...

Thank you N

famfa said...

Thanks Annie

famfa said...

Thanks Jo, I had fun making it.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wow! I'm directing one of my sons to this - I know he will be impressed! All of my boys are handy at making decorated cakes and I'm sure your boys will take up the challenge when they are older having a great example like yourself around! This has put the biggest smile on my face Famfa!!! Hugs, Chrisx