Sunday 15 March 2015

There's a Moose Loose aboot this Hoose

I offered to make a cake for a friend's daughter. Her name is Lucy and they call her Lucy Moose. She draws a cartoon style of a moose everywhere, so I took the drawing and made it into a cake.

She has a sense of humour so I added Moose Poo (to make her laugh).

This is two chocolate sponges with chocolate butter icing inside and on top. I used melted chocolate to make th antlers and her name and hardened it off before placing on the cake.

I hope I have done her lovely drawing a justice.

 

Recipe (more for when I need it again, but feel free to use it).

Oven 350*. Butter and flour 3x 8" pans

2.5 cups of all purpose flour (plain)

1/2 cup cocoa powder

4 teaspoons of baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

8oz unsalted butter

2 cups sugar

4 large eggs separated

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

1 cup milk

 

No comments: